A fairly routine Council meeting coming up on the 22nd of June. In Regular Committee, we’ve got a presentation of the Fire Marshal’s annual Public Fire Safety Award to Angela Greer, as well as presentations from Liz Palmieri at the Niagara Community Foundation, as well as the new Procedural Bylaw. There are also motions regarding the Niagara District Airport, as well as the Greek Festival. Agenda is here.
In General Committee, there are a number of different items to deal with (agenda here):
- A report on the new Procedural Bylaw (see the report here). Of particular note – Council meeting will be starting earlier, at 6pm instead of 6:30pm;
- The appointment of councillors to the Standing Budget committee (see the report here);
- Parking prohibition reports for Birchwood Circle, Jasmin Crescent, Victor Boulevard, Hilldale Circle;
- Turn prohibition reports for Hartzel Road/Lincoln Avenue/Keswick Street Turn;
- An all-way stop request for Beech Street at Henry Street;
- A proposal to declare surplus land near Harcove Street;
- Early capital budget approval for a Niagara District Airport Capital Project;
- The purchase of a Steinway Model D Concert Grand Piano for the FOPAC, using funds donated specifically for this purpose – I will admit, I did not realize a concert piano of this sort would cost north of $200K (report here);
- A report regarding the DSBN Accommodation Review Policy (to which I will be declaring a conflict of interest);
- A report regarding the CIP as it relates to 136 James St and 51 Lake St (whose report has not yet been published);
- And the usual council correspondence.
As long as this list is, it does not appear that Council will be a late night on 22nd.